Monday 21 November 2011

Directors of Chick flicks

Oliver Parker :
Oliver Parker was the director of the chick flick St.Trinians. St.Trinians is a great film and one I will look deeply into for my Foundation Portfolio. Oliver Parker is generally a director and screenwriter  and has worked extensively as an actor. 
As he has had past experiences of theatre acting it seems this has influenced his approach to the actors. He has also directed other great films such as:
 1. Johnny English Reborn 
 2.  Othello 
 3. Also An Ideal Husband, which was nominated for two Golden Globes and three BAFTAs.




Michael Patrick King:


Michael Patrick King was the director of Sex And The City, which has a great opening has has inspired me for my Foundation Portfolio. He is an American director, writer and producer for television shows such as the popular 'Will And Grace'. 
Sex And The City was an offshoot of a t.v series, it was hugely successful film. The film recorded the biggest opening ever of an R-rated comedy and for a romantic comedy, and also for a film staring a women. Its the highest-grossing romantic comedy of 2008, and as of March 2010 the film has grossed $414,252,786 worldwide.  


Mark Waters:

Mark waters is a director and producer mostly of chick flicks and romantic comedy's. I have seen many films directed by mark waters. I like way Waters shows the first few minutes of his films, and I look for inspiration in them. He portrays teenagers he a few of his film, I think he has done this very well and is something I would like to use in my Foundation Portfolio. Some of the films Mark water has directed are - 


1. Mean Girls - is the film I'm mostly looking at for ideas and inspiration for my Foundation Portfolio  
2. Freaky Friday    
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles
4. Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past 







1 comment:

  1. Interesting research. It will be helpful now to analyse the film openings by these three directors in detail to find out why you find them so successful.

    ReplyDelete