Friday 27 April 2012

EVALUATION QUESTION 5

How did you attract/address your audience?


As I was producing a chick flick my target audience was teenage girls at the age of 10-19.  I researched modern and popular chick flicks with the same target audience to find out how they've fit the film to suit the teenage girls such as 'Mean Girls'. My two main characters represent two different types of teenagers one a little messy and one quite glamourous, so my my whole target audience can relate to there personalities. 


My two characters are up to date with fashion and I used well known make-up  at the beginning of my film such as 'mac'  which shows my characters are girly and feminine. I believe my characters reflect the same type of people my target audience are. This idea of relating to characters in quite common in chick flicks such as characters in the chick flick 'Wild Child'. 


The music i've chosen is deliberately upbeat and fun, this is to give an energy to the film and a sense of happiness. I think this reflects the type of music typical teenage girls would listen to. If I wasn't subjected to copy write acts i would have used a well known popular song that has a catchy tune, this would have ensured my target audience can relate and interact to the music and film.  


My film storyline is conflict between two young girls at school and the problems they have to face together, while both trying to establish there identities. This is a common issue my target audience will have to deal with in there own lives, for example when moving schools or growing up. My storyline as well as having problems has a lots of humour. humour is very important in a chick flick and my target audience would expect a bit of humour and like to laugh at a film. I've used humour in my film throughout the beginning of my film with the contrast of my two characters getting ready.


Another important aspect of attracting my audience was the mise-en-scene. I've set the beginning of my film at the home of the two characters and a typical school. these place are places my target audience are familiar and can connect with.


I would use popular social networking such as twitter which is become an instant feed of news and youtube. I would also use things such as viral marketing to address my audience because my target audience use websites and media which i would target with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment