Saturday 28 April 2012

EVALUATION QUESTION 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


I have learnt many skill and tricks about using technologies when production and constructing. These skills i've learnt will follow me when I next produce and film something. Firstly I used a 'SONY' camera to film my film. I learnt how to set the setting on the camera to HD and change the modes to provide maximum quality to my shots, and help my shots stand out and be more defined. I also learnt how to change simple functions such as watching the shots you have just filmed. 
I also learnt and became familiar with filming techniques and rule, such as a panning shot and 180 degree rule. the 180 degree rule is where you have to stay within 180 degrees of you character when filming to not give the audience the impression that they've moved or change places or positions. 

To help my filming I used a tripod, this helps my shots to be more steady and smooth. there is a point in my film where I pan 'Arabella Thomas' walking through the school and i wouldn't have been able to do this smoothly without a tripod. I am more aware of uneven and bumpy surfaces and floors such as gravel, because these could change the way your plan to shot our shot. I also used a clapper board to organise my shots and make sure I knew they where and where they were to be placed. 

In producing my film I also learnt how to use an 'Apple Mac' and all it editing programs. I got used to the Mac pretty quickly as I am used to the way they work and function. But i did learn some tricks such as keyboard shortcut and how to print screen on a Mac.
Another vital technology I used to make my product was Final Cut Express. Final cut Express was used to edit my film and make necessary adjustment to make my film. It allowed you to pick and choose your shots and the leant you had them at, I learnt how to cut and split shots. I learned the simple transaction such as layering and audio effects but also some more detailed actions like splitting the screen so two shot appear at the same time. I did this when my two character are walking out there front doors, to show the different between rushing and calmness. It also allowed me to use digetic and non-digetic sound to my voiceover to the natural buzzing of the phone in the first shot. 
Another application I used Live Type in producing my film, it created my opening title and credits. This was very useful because it gave my many effects and made my film look more professional with my opening credits. I had to at first watch tutorials to get the hang of using Live Type and all its feature but I soon worked it out and used it to my advantage. 
I film half my film outside and film on sunny days, i only filmed on sunny day to set the right scene of a nice day. this also meant I didn't have to used any unnatural and additional light settings. I didn't really use special effect in my film because it doesn't fit with the conventions of a chick flick, but i did learn how to record and insert a voice over into my film. A voice over normally of the narrator fits the conventions of a chick flick and i have got this throughout my film. 


The technologies and processes I have learnt through this process of making my own film have tort me a lot. This has ensure that in the future it will take less time to work my way through thing and I will know tricks and short cut I could use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment